Opera Duo & uNext
Robustness Meets Data Quality in the Most Intuitive Ground Penetrating Radar for Utility Location and Mapping
100% manufactured by utility market leader IDS GeoRadar, the Opera Duo is a compact, easy to transport and deploy ground penetrating radar leveraging robustness, data quality and intuitiveness for unparalleled utility location and mapping. Opera Duo is available in two versions:
- Two-wheels: a compact and lightweight solution;
- Four-wheels: an adaptable solution for use on rough terrain.
Main features include:
- Superior Maneuverability – A large, comfortable handle to make pushing and pulling easier, large wheels for better control and a balanced weight distribution to offer minimum resistance.
- Robustness – Engineered and built to withstand the harshest field conditions, the Opera Duo is suitable for heavy use in every type of terrain.
- Data Quality – Large bandwidth offering the highest resolution; the largest dynamic range for the best penetration depth; and dual-head sensor integrating ultra-wide band antennas (250MHz and 700MHz).
- Intuitiveness – Just click the start button to receive the best performance in every soil condition. No need to perform calibration or adjust any other manual settings.
- Results Delivered On Site – The system tracks the position of the radar and marks targets automatically. All of the acquired data can be exported to CAD and GIS, and reports can be produced directly on site.
The uNext platform offers an all-in-one, non-intrusive utility detection solution which exploits the most advanced technologies and methodologies in the market.
100% developed by utility market leader IDS GeoRadar, the uNext platform is based on the Opera Duo Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) leveraging robustness, data quality and intuitiveness for unparalleled utility location and mapping.
The uNext platform is designed to operate directly on site maximizing user experience and intuitiveness. The platform leverages:
- Any GNSS and/or TPS – to provide the best geographical positioning of multiple utility targets in a very short time
- Cable locators – to quickly and easily integrate information on cable/pipe positioning
- Tomography – to create an even more accurate, faster 3D reconstruction of the underground utility network and merge this information with any existing cartographies
- Camera* – to ease interpretation of underground detected targets by adding visual information of recorded soil objects
- Survey Report – to export survey reports including extracted maps and targets directly in the field
- CAD/GIS* – to transfer the identified targets to CAD or GIS maps for professional SUE / utility mapping
- Cartography* – to represent the existing cartography of the surveyed area and integrate it with utility targets and soil objects
- Augmented Reality* – to visualize underground detected objects in augmented reality
* Available soon
Intuitive software for results on site
Opera Duo's software is designed to operate directly on site. The interface is intuitive, with big buttons that are easy to touch directly with fingers or the pen that comes with tablets.
- Clear view: The main window shows a radargram of the two antennas and a geo-referenced map that can be used with GPS and an internet connection. The software is able to import and navigate maps such as Google Maps, jpg images and lots of other formats.
- Guided support: The assisted acquisition mode guides the user to acquire data in a grid pattern in order to obtain GPR 3D imaging.
- Direct results: The software is able to export a survey report including extracted maps and targets. The targets reported can be exported in a CAD output format directly in the field. Every project can be exported as a report.
- All-inclusive data: The report includes all information needed for the project, including an overall map of the area, the detected targets along with their coordinates, and a general description of the GPR.