IDS GeoRadar, industry leader in radar technology for slope stability monitoring, has brought its expertise to the tunneling industry. HYDRA-T is a remote sensing monitoring system specifically designed for early warning and real-time measurements of sub-millimetric displacements at tunnel face.
During tunnel construction, these structure occasionally collapse due to geological conditions, lack of proper management, and careless mistakes made during construction.
There are three possible locations of collapse:
- Tunnel Portal collapse (due to severe rain and weather, excavations too early to understand rock mass, thin rock cover)
- Collapse along finished tunnel length (caused by deformation that exceeds limits, support failure, earthquake)
- Tunnel Face/Crown collapse (brought on by a wrong choice of machinery, ground water, large face opened, karstic void in limestone, weak geological zone)
Hydra-T improves tunnel safety during the whole excavation cycle with automatic discarded of data affected by machinery and operator.
Furthermore it has an easy setup and automatic alarms generation, notified by means of strobe light and sounder on site.
- Spatial coverage: horizontal field of view of 60° and vertical of 30°
- Scan speed: a new acquisition is performed every 15 seconds
- Accuracy: line of sight displacement with an accuracy up to 0.01 cm
- Mounting and dismounting in less than 5 minutes
- Low interference with construction activity
- Fully compatible with drill and blast excavation method
- Operates in all weather conditions and temperatures (-20°C to +55°C) and IP65 water and dust resistance
- Alert generation with user-defined displacement, velocity and inverse velocity criteria
- Instant data processing and on-site alarm generation
- Built-in geotechnical analysis tools