Your Career at IDS GeoRadar
IDS GeoRadar is a company, designing and providing products and services for subsurface investigation, investigations and monitoring of structures, and slope stability monitoring. 30 years of experience make IDS GeoRadar a leading manufacturer of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Interferometric Radar and Radar technologies for geophysical applications technologies.
The IBIS products became the first commercial Ground-Based interferometric radar with linear scan SAR capabilities. This ground-breaking product range introduced a new standard in the dynamic and static monitoring of slopes, landslides, and structures. Today, the IBIS interferometric radar products, provide a unique solution to the problem of monitoring small movements in ground or structures, allowing remote, long-range, continuous real-time measurement of large areas.”
As part of Hexagon (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: HEXA B), we are an global company with partners all over the world. For our growing team we’re looking for colleagues not only with the necessary knowledge but also with courage and ambition to transform innovation into reality. We’re offering great career opportunities in a future market as well as a team of experts who are open for your ideas.
IDS GeoRadar s.r.l.
Via Augusto Righi, 1-2
56121 Ospedaletto, Pisa
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The candidate will be involved in the design of mechanical parts for georadar and interferometric radar equipment; he/she will work on all the product phases (design, development, testing of prototypes, manufacturing and implementation) with special reference to:
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (good knowledge of Creo/ Siemens NX is highly desirable)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preferential: proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- A relevant Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- English :good skills on spoken and written.
Software Developer/Software Engineer
BUSINESS AREA: R&D
REPORTING TO: Software Team Manager
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work in a Scrum team for the development of high technology products for managing slope stability risks in both geo-hazard assessment and open pit mining operations. Our software enables fast interpretation and fast reaction time to vital real-time information delivered by our radar systems.
Mid seniority level in software development, preferably in the industry sector.
Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Italian mother tongue
- Good knowledge of English
Availability to travel
- Fluent in data structures, multi-threading, design patterns, data modeling
- Strong in software architecture (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Strong Object-Oriented Design and programming
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of map libraries (Leaflet, OpenLayers, ArcGIS Online, …)
- Knowledge of visualization API/libraries (WebGL, D3, Three.js, Babylon.js, VTK.js, …)
- Knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and Spring Framework in general, Maven
- Knowledge of REST APIs concepts
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Driven to succeed and innovate
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration environments
- Use of Test Automation practices and frameworks
- Exposure to C++ is highly desirable
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The duties and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Work in team and have ownership on product features
- Design, build, improve and maintain high technology software products
- Participate in product releases, helping to make them timely and defect free
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies and trends; and share that knowledge with the team
- Mentor junior team members by providing knowledge and expertise.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the successful delivery of products with the required quality standards.
- Compliance with workplace health and safety requirements and directions when working on customer / dealer / end user sites
- Additional duties may be assigned from time to time
Technical Support Specialist in Radar products
IDS Geordadar IDS global leader in providing products and solutions for geophysical, mining, civil engineering and security applications is currently looking for
Technical Support Specialist in Radar products – Business Unit Mining
The successful candidate will join the Technical Customer Care team which provides technical assistance to customers on our radar technology-based products and relevant components for the Mining market.
He/she will plan and manage the technical support and assistance to the customers and he/she delivers the needed training on Hardware and Software for radar products and more specifically:
- problem solving and/or electrical or electronic or mechanical parts repairing from remote and on-site.
- working closely with the R&D and the Manufacturing teams to identify project technical specifications as well as activities and details about evolutionary maintenance of our hardware products.
- writing manuals and technical documentations for technical support of the radar-based products.
- High School Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunications, Mechanics, Mining
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- SW skills: Windows SO, Office
- Knowledge of electrical systems (electrical schemes and components)
- Electric and electronic systems testing and repairing
- Mechanical and enginees testing and repairing
- Basic knowledge about IT and network issues
- Accuracy in writing procedures and manuals (in English)
- Authonomy and flexibility
- Communicate with various clients and must have good customer service skills
- Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable
- Good knowledge of English language