Remote monitoring for structural movements
A microwave interferometry based system for remote static and dynamic monitoring, IBIS-FS interferometric radar is used on bridges and other structures including buildings, historical monuments and towers.
In static, the IBIS-FS is ideal for:
- Structure load testing;
- Structure displacement and collapse hazards;
- Cultural heritage preservation.
In dynamic, the IBIS-FS is best used for:
- Structure resonance frequency measurements;
- Structural modal shape analysis.
In either state, the IBIS-FS features:
- Remote sensing: Real-time remote sensing at up to 1 km with no need for equipment to be installed on the monitored structure.
- Accurate measurements: Measures displacements of as little as 0.01mm @ 0.5km range. No standard instrument can achieve such accuracy.
- Ground vibration removal: Built-in accelerometer to cancel the self-induced vibrations transmitted to the radar from the ground (IBIS-FS Plus).
- Sampling: Structural vibration sampling up to 200 Hz.
- Always operational: Operates day and night and in all weather conditions.
Benefits of the IBIS-FS include:
- Increased structural health monitoring efficiency through the use of a non-invasive vibration monitoring technique;
- Accurate and remote monitoring of a bridge or structure;
- Reduces the time necessary for static or dynamic bridge structural testing to just a few minutes;
- Real-time data on structural vibration and natural frequencies;
IBIS-FS is part of the IBIS family which provides trusted safety critical radar monitoring systems able to measure sub-millimeter displacement with the highest data quality. Meet the other products of the family: IBIS ArcSAR Lite / Performance; IBIS-FB; IBIS-FM EVO; IBIS.FS Plus.
Real-time software for monitoring
In real time, IBIS-FS is able to show a power image of the monitored scenario, the displacement of the overall scenario and the displacement among selected points of the scenario. Displacement accuracy can be within 0.01mm.
The IBIS Surveyor software is specifically developed to process the raw files generated during measurement sessions by IBIS-FS. The software is equipped with a complete set of features for the static and dynamic evaluation of the overall structural displacement.
Static information that can be obtained include:
- Power image of the monitored scenario for the selection of specific points to be monitored
- Temporal displacement histories of the selected measurement points belonging to the investigated scenario (bridges, dams, landslides, etc.)
Processing of IBIS-FS data also includes basic dynamic structural analysis tools to identify the resonance frequencies and modal shapes of the monitored structures.
This information can lead to a complete Structural Health Monitoring system for a structure.