RIS MF Hi-Mod
3D GPR for large areas
A specialised ground penetrating radar (GPR) system, RIS MF Hi-Mod is capable of investigating large areas, providing a 3D view of the subsoil with a high capability of resolution and penetration depth. RIS MF Hi-Mod features:
- End to end procedure ensuring professional results in mapping underground utilities and anomalies
- Specific software tools for automatic target recognition and transfer to CAD/GIS maps for high productivity
- Highest detection percentage level, combining longitudinal and transversal scans and several frequencies
- Modular array, easy to set up and reconfigure in the field
Thanks to the radar's capacity and the archaeologist's experience, buried underground objects can be detected with a high level of confidence and consequently plan the excavation activities.
RIS MF Hi-Mod offers:
- Consolidated complete procedure from field acquisition to the final output (maps on CAD or GIS);
- Mechanical structure for all urban environments and terrains
- Automatic target recognition, automatic tools help the operator locate pipes and cables
- 2D and 3D tomography: optimised tomography for an immediate visualisation of pipes and cables
- Multi-frequency data fusion: automatic fusion of data from 200 and 600 MHz antennas
- Automatic transfer to CAD/GIS: localized pipes and cables automatically transferred to CAD or GIS maps.
More power with an array of scans
The RIS MF Hi-Mod GPR solution is equipped with an array of multi-frequency antennas. This enables a high resolution survey of shallower depths, using 600 MHz antennas, while guaranteeing a great depth range with the 200 MHz.
Why use an array of Antennas?
- Correlate information coming from several data channels
- Accurately reconstruct the path of underground utilities in complex situations
- Ensure accuracy and productivity.
Other benefits of the RIS MF Hi-Mod GPR solution include:
- All-in-one: Two antennas in the same box, with the option of choosing 200 MHz and 600MHz or 400 MHz and 900MHz, help the operator to locate pipes and cables by providing the proper frequency for a specific search parameter. This provides a real-time display of deep and shallow antennas on the same screen.
- Modular: Antenna boxes can be quickly added in "chain connection" while in the field (no tools required) with up to 8” operation simultaneously. As a result, the system is able to work in any available space.
- 3D Radar Tomography: Multi-frequency data fusion and a consolidated procedure to collect the data enable accurate 3D images of the subsurface to be achieved, helping the operator to distinguish individual anomalies and buried targets.
- Professional utility mapping capability: The result can be exported in several formats including GIS and CAD (AutoCAD or MicroStation) for a professional survey.
- Flexible: Powered by the IDS multi-channel control unit, the system can be used to drive every IDS antenna
The RIS MF multi-channel - multi frequency data is processed with a dedicated software to fully exploit the system characteristics. Software includes:
- Main processing and interpretation software features the interactive use of multi GPR sections, displays tomographic maps and operates in a CAD environment.R
- Relational data base manages the collected data. The software can generate a final CAD cartographic map in 3D containing both surface evidence and GPR interpretation.
- Cross-polar data, a dedicated software uses this data on the post-processing unit to provide information on soil type.
- Cartographic map is automatically generated, containing all the results in cross section and planar view.
Providing real-time target viewing, onsite object mapping and GPS navigation, OneVision is a software application for advanced GPR data collection This powerful tool can be used with an array of antennas when performing utility mapping, archeological and environmental surveys, and extensive mapping of medium to large size projects.
OneVision is available for:
OneVision is a powerful application for advanced surveys with integrated navigation, featuring:
- Real-time tomography on a cartographic background (e.g. Google Maps, GeoTIFF and KML)
- Multi-view screen with GPR radar maps (B-scan and T-scan), radar tomography (C scan) and cartography
- Survey planning tools
- Special function for the RIS MF Hi-Mod array that allows tomographic merging of transversal and longitudinal swathes
- Continuous monitoring of GPR and GPS statuses
- Survey management with interactive and on-site target mapping as well as review and editing
OneVision provides increased productivity and reduced costs. Other benefits include:
- Immediate decision-making with real-time on-site detection
- Target recognition removing the need for specialist skills
- Immediate understanding of complex environments (e.g., urban areas) with the tomographic map in real time
- Complete coverage is always provided in a single visit with integrated acquisition and navigation functions
GRED HD Basic post processing software
A modular family of software, GRED HD Basic post processing software is recommended for generic basic post processing analysis and road pavement evaluation. This easy-to-use post processing software enables post processing of data acquired with the IDS K2 FastWave . The software offers general tools and features and can be used for several applications from geology and archaeology to underground utility detection.GRED HD Basic is equipped with basic features and capable of processing the radargram acquired in the field in 2D. This software is recommended for users that need to analyse data in the office and want to maximise interpretation capability. The software is able to show the B-Scan (radargram) acquired. GRED HD Basic applies several types of filters (background removal, gain, mitigation time domain, etc.) to obtain an easier to interpret B-Scan. It is also possible to set filter macros for iterative filtering of the data. Anomalies as well as pipes can be marked directly on the interface. GRED HD Basic is also able to do semi-automatic layering reconstruction and insert core.
GRED HD 3D - Advanced GPR processing and imaging software
An advanced post processing software for 3D and tomographic rendering of acquired data, GRED HD 3D is recommended for pipe and utility mapping and 3D analysis of the subsurface. The software presents a 3D view of the subsurface, with a complete set of options to navigate, cutting and marking anomalies. GRED HD 3D is also able to export 2D plan-view slices of the subsurface from which you can best interpret anomalies and pipes.The pipes and cables detected can be marked with a dedicated tool. Specify a color for each pipe, mark the depth of each and an estimate the dimensions. The marked pipes can then be visible in the 3D view, the 2D tomography slice and the traditional radargram. Enhance the capability of the interpretation when you show multiple radargrams simultaneously.
GRED HD 3D CAD – specialised integration software
Specifically designed to offer an integrated framework for CAD and GIS, GRED HD 3D CAD combines the characteristics of industrial productivity with high levels of reliability. The software offers the fast creation and display of 2D and 3D tomograms in just a few minutes after basic filtering. Raw data, structures and objects of any generic shape are able to be directly exported to CAD or GIS maps. The software is fully compatible with any GPS or positioning data in order to obtain automatically geo-referenced data plots.