Forensics & Public Safety
IDS GeoRadar technology perfectly suits for Forensics and Public Safety application.
GPR’s unique sensitivity to non-metallic structures embedded in soils, rocks and building materials results in GPR seeing use in diverse applications such as search and rescue, tunnel and cavities location. Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has become an important forensic tool used by law enforcement agencies to perform several types of searches such as for buried bodies, hiding places and objects. In most cases this crucial evidence would mean the difference between proving a case or having a lesser charge applied due to lack of incriminating evidence. A Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) is able to remotely and non-invasively detect underground anomalies when all other instruments typically react to magnetic fields and are hence not able to find non-metallic objects. In addition security personnel and border patrols use ground penetrating radar in various configurations to detect and locate the presence of tunnels or detect movement near exterior walls or in buildings. This technology is key to helping protect borders to secure areas.
Interferometric family products are also effectively used for civil structure vibration, deformation and post-event analysis.
The equipment used for this application is the most versatile IDS GeoRadar product, RIS One & RIS Plus, which can easily be operated with different trolleys and modules depending on the specific environment. Based on the application other suitable products for this application are C-thrue, RIS MF Hi-Mod and Chaser XR.
The equipment used for this application is the most versatile IDS GeoRadar introrferometric product, Hydra-G, a remote sensing monitoring system designed for early warning and real-time measurements of sub-millimetric displacements. Based on the application another suitable product for this application is IBIS-FS.
IDS GeoRadar forensic and public security services:
- Buried bodies, hidden objects and place detection
- Search and rescue mission
- Structural monitoring
- Tunnel detection
- Cavities detection
- Border patrols
IDS GeoRadar GPR advantages:
- Multi-frequency, multi-channel technology – IDS GeoRadar is the first company to offer multi frequency array solutions;
- Flexibility – IDS GeoRadar control unit is designed to work with all IDS GeoRadar antennas ensuring easy upgrades without additional costs, and to use multiple antennas connected in chain enabling advanced and custom GPR solutions;
- Quality & Reliability – IDS GeoRadar has a comprehensive quality system in place, headed by highly qualified and experienced experts who perform rigorous IDS GeoRadar Quality Assessment on each project.
IDS GeoRadar Interferometry advantages:
- Non-intrusive technology: no pointers or devices to be installed on the target
- High accurate technology for displacement measurement;
- Reduces the time necessary for static or dynamic bridge structural testing to just a few minutes;
- On-site results: data provided in real time with instant processing
- Hyper spatial resolution: to detect even the smallest displacement with sub-millimetric displacement accuracy
- Short range and large angular coverage capability: to track in real-time thousands of points in the monitored scenario
- Compact and portable solution: easily transportable from a location to another and installed by one single person
- High availability with low maintenance costs: minimal moving parts and low profile design to guarantee robustness and maximum availability in harsh environmental conditions.