Forensics & Public Safety
GPR’s unique sensitivity to non-metallic structures embedded in soils, rocks and building materials results in GPR seeing use in diverse applications such as search and rescue, tunnel location, intrusion detection, UXO, landmine and buried IED detection. Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has become an important forensic tool used by law enforcement agencies to perform several types of searches such as for buried bodies, guns, tunnels and objects. In most cases this crucial evidence would mean the difference between proving a case or having a lesser charge applied due to lack of incriminating evidence. A ground penetrating radar (GPR) is able to remotely and non-invasively detect underground anomalies when all other instruments typically react to magnetic fields and are hence not able to find nonmetallic objects. In addition, military, security personnel and border patrols use ground penetrating radar in various configurations to detect unexploded ordnance, to locate the presence of tunnels or detect movement near exterior walls or in buildings. This technology is key to helping protect borders and aiding military operations in helping to secure areas.
The equipment used for this application is the most versatile IDS product, RIS One & RIS Plus, which can easily be operated with different trolleys and modules depending on the specific environment. Based on the application other suitable products for this application are Aladdin and RIS MF Hi-Mod.
IDS forensic and public security services:
- UXO and landmine detection
- Intrusion monitoring
- Search and rescue mission
- Multi-frequency, multi-channel technology – IDS is the first company to offer multi frequency array solutions;
- Flexibility – IDS control unit is designed to work with all IDS antennas ensuring easy upgrades without additional costs, and to use multiple antennas connected in chain enabling advanced and custom GPR solutions;
- Quality & Reliability – IDS has a comprehensive quality system in place, headed by highly qualified and experienced experts who perform rigorous IDS Quality Assessment on each project;